This page includes current open positions and jobs at the Institute for Beam Physics and Technology (IBPT) and the Chair of Accelerator Physics (Prof. Dr. Anke-Susanne Müller) at the Laboratory for Applications of Synchrotron Radiation (LAS).
Open Positions - Jobs
|Title||Contact Person||Starting Date||closing date|
|Development of compact, Laser-Wakefield-Accelerator-based radiation sources||
as soon as possible
General information for students and early-stage researchers
For early-stage, highly qualified young scientists we offer at any time exciting B.Sc., M.Sc., and PhD theses in the field of accelerator physics and laser physics. We use state-of-the-art cutting-edge methods and technologies, advance and develop novel technologies and concepts within the KIT and with external partners, while collaborating in an international environment. We also offer hands-on experience in accelerator operations and laser experiments, which are key skills for the new accelerator and laser facilities being built around the world.
Ideal candidates for PhD Positions (f/m) would:
- have fun in developing and testing new, unusual concepts in experiment and/or theory
- be willing to push first ideas forward via numerical simulations to experiments
- have a M.Sc./Diplom degree in physics
- have general knowledge in accelerator physics and optics or is a quick study
- typically apply with a CV, names of referees, study performance overview, diplom or master certificate (if already available).
Early-stage, highly qualified students can participate in operations of an accelerator, laser experiments, research and teaching activities of the institute. If specific tasks are endowed, it is possible to hire persons as SHK (studentische Hilfskraft, without a degree) and WHK (wissenschaftliche Hilfskraft, with a degree).
Paid positions, including PhD positions, are typically published via the Personalservice (PSE) at the central KIT website.